Hotels.com Rewards Visa Card
Hotels.com has launched its first ever credit card. The card is issued by Wells Fargo and is called the Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card. It is designed with the traveler in mind, offering rewards that transform everyday spend into travel. The card is issued by Wells Fargo and comes with a reward night worth $125 as a welcome offer, plus some more benefits.
- As a new cardholder, you’ll get a reward night worth $125 when you spend $1,000 on card purchases in the first three months of opening an account.
Excludes taxes and fees. If your night costs less than $125, you won’t get the difference.
Benefits and features of the Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card include:
- Getting Stamps When You Spend … And When You Stay
- Hotels.com already has one of the most rewarding loyalty programs: for every 10 stamps (a night = stamp!) you receive a reward night.
- For every $500 spent, you receive a stamp valued at $110.
- Silver Membership – In your first year as a cardholder, you’ll enjoy an upgraded membership level that offers travel perks such as free breakfast, airport transfers, free Wi-Fi and more at select VIP properties.
- Cell Phone Protection – Pay your monthly cell phone bill with your card and get up to $600 protection against damage or theft (subject to a $25 deductible). Learn more.
- No Foreign Currency Conversion Fee
- No Annual Fee
First let’s look at the signup bonus. You get a reward night worth $125 when you spend $1,000. That is a small signup bonus, but I guess it is decent for a no-fee card. You can definitely do better though, with cards like Freedom Flex. It also comes as a reward night and not cash, so you will have to use it for a Hotels.com booking.
You also get Silver Membership in your first year as a cardholder. That gets you some added perks such as free breakfast, airport transfers, spa vouchers, free Wi-Fi and more at select VIP properties.
Then there’s the ongoing spend that can earn you free nights. Hotels.com already has a good loyalty programs. For every 10 stamps (1 booked night = 1 stamp) you receive a reward night. The maximum value of the reward night is the average daily rate of your 10 nights collected. With the card, for every $500 spent, you receive a stamp valued at $110. That means that if you spend $5,000, you would get 10 stamps which can be used to book a reward night worth up to $110.
This is an interesting no-fee card for those who use Hotels.com often. Booking through the site has some advantages as you are not tied to a specific brand. You can also stack discount codes and earn free nights through stays and now through credit car spend as well.
On the other hand, you don’t get elite perks and can’t earn elite status with a hotel chain if you book through third parties. So keep that in mind if you want all the extras that elite status gives you.