Hilton Announces New Extensions and Easier Status Qualification
Hilton has some good news today for Hilton Honors members. The hotel’s loyalty program has announced changes and policy adjustments that will help travelers during this challenging time for travelers. Hilton is providing added flexibility with status and points extensions, more contactless experiences through the app and more ways to use and earn points.
“As we near the end of 2020, we know travelers are looking ahead to what next year holds, which is why we want to continue supporting our loyal Hilton Honors members when they are ready to make new travel memories again,” said Mark Weinstein, senior vice president and global head, marketing & loyalty. “So, we are pleased to announce these industry-leading adjustments to our Hilton Honors policies to not only let our members know we have them covered, but also provide our guests with even more flexibility.”
Extensions and Adjustments
- Extending Points Expiration so that no Points will expire until December 31, 2021.
- Extending Status to March 31, 2022 for Silver, Gold and Diamond members that were set to downgrade in 2020 or 2021. This means members can keep their status longer and continue to enjoy their benefits.
- Reducing Status Qualification Requirements by 50 percent across all tiers, including stays, nights and Base Points in 2021, to allow members to achieve status in half the time. For example, this means to earn Gold status, a member must complete 20 nights, 10 stays or 37,500 Points instead of 40 nights, 20 stays or 75,000 points. And, as previously announced, all 2020 nights will automatically roll over to the 2021 calendar year to help Hilton Honors members upgrade their tier status even faster.
- Lowering Milestone Bonus Night Threshold to begin at 20 nights in 2021 (was previously 40 nights) to align with new Gold status qualification and allow members to earn rewards faster. Gold members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points for 20 nights stayed and will continue earning the additional 10,000 Bonus Points every 10 nights above that level in a calendar year. At 60 nights, a member would still earn the additional Milestone Bonus of 30,000 Bonus Points.
- Reducing Gifting Status Night Threshold to the new Diamond status night qualification. Diamond members who stay 30 nights in 2021 will be able to gift Gold status (was previously 60 nights) or 60 nights to upgrade the gift to Diamond status (was previously 100 nights).
- Extending Benefits for Hilton Honors American Express Card Members
- Bonus Points will continue to count as Base Points on eligible purchases through December 31, 2021 on all cards and count toward Elite tier qualification, including Lifetime Diamond Status.
- All 2021-issued Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can be used any night of the week and expiration will be extended to December 31, 2022. Unexpired Free Weekend Night Rewards as of December 31, 2020 will expire in accordance with their previously communicated terms. All Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can also continue to be used any night of the week.
More Ways to Earn & Redeem Points
Hilton Honors continues to offer meaningful ways for members to earn and redeem Points in their everyday lives. In addition to redeeming Points on hotel stays, charitable contributions and various partners, for a limited time, members can:
Some Of These Offers Have Ended Or Changed
- Apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Card through January 31, 2021 and, if approved, earn a $100 statement credit after their first Card purchase and 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after spending $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first three months. Also check out the Hilton Aspire, Hilton Surpass and Hilton Business cards. They offer even bigger welcome offers and more benefits for Hilton stays.
- Earn Double Bonus Points and Double Night Credits when they enroll in the Double Rewards promotion and complete a stay by the end of the year meaning every night a member stays counts twice towards earning the next tier status, plus, even more Points to use toward a future hotel stay.
- Join Guest Opinion Rewards and complete their first survey within 90 days to earn 10,000 Points by the end of the year.
- Join the Hilton Honors Dining Program and spend $25 in the first 30 days to earn 5,000 Points by the end of the year. After that, members can earn 10 Points for every $1 spent this year.
- Link their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts to receive 250 Points, plus an additional 750 Points after taking their first ride by the end of the year.
- Buy Points through the Purchase Page by the end of the year to receive a 100 percent bonus, meaning purchase 10,000 Points, receive an additional 10,000 Points.
- Earn Double Event Planner Points with the Hilton EventReady Flexible Offer. As an extension to Hilton EventReady with CleanStay, this flexible offer applies to events booked through December 31, 2020. It applies to meetings or events occurring now through May 31, 2021. Members in the Event Planner Program can now receive double Hilton Honors Points (2 Points per eligible $1 spent) in addition to extended flexibility allowing meetings and events to cancel without penalty up to eight days in advance of arrival.