In late October of last year, I embarked on a nearly three week around the world journey. Starting with a few days in Washington DC with my family, I eventually made my way up to New York before flying to Europe and then on to Hong Kong.
Some time between Amsterdam and Hong Kong, I developed a bad cough which ultimately morphed into a nasty flu by the time I returned home. (Hence the name.) Ultimately I was bed ridden for nearly two weeks upon my return, but it was still worth it.
- Around the World & Nearly Dead – Intro & First Flight
- Hotel Review – Grand Hyatt Washington DC
- Hotel Review – Intercontinental Times Square
- Exclusive Photos: Come With Me Inside of One World Trade Center (Freedom Tower) On Its First Day
- Lounge Review – Korean Airlines Business Class Lounge JFK Terminal 1
- Lounge Review: CLUB S.E.A. – Sala Respighi Lounge Milan Malpensa
- Hotel Review – Grand Hyatt Macau
One World Trade Center Photos
Today marked the official opening of One World Trade Center. (Formerly known as the Freedom Tower.) After 13 years of construction and numerous cost overruns and delays, the building opened to its first major tenant, Conde Nast.
I just happen to be in New York today, so I wandered down to the World Trade Center site and was surprised to see they are allowing the general public into the lobby area of the building.
While anything past the lobby is closed to the public, I was able to take some nice photos. The building has two lobby areas, one that faces the memorial and the other which faces the opposite direction.
Both lobbies look like art galleries with plenty of marble, white walls and beautiful art on display. The front lobby (which faces the Memorial) has a beautiful painting which stretches across it.
More Photos of One World Trade Center
Here are some of the photos from my visit. If you enjoy them don’t forget to share with your friends and on social media!