Private Flights Membership at Costco
Costco is not really known for its luxury offerings, but from time to time you can find some items that cost thousands of dollars. One of those offerings is now available on its site. Just add the one year private aviation membership to your cart, pay the $17,499, and then start flying the skies in a private jet.
The membership is from Wheels Up, a leading private aviation company that delivers a total aviation solution for over 9,000 individuals, families, and businesses across North America. While the membership is not something everyone can afford, or should get, it will reduce the up-front cost to fly privately and enables a member to book a private plane as easily as a ride share.
Wheels Up provides access to one of the world’s largest owned and managed fleets of private aircraft, totaling over 300 planes- as well as a fleet of 1,250+ Wheels Up-approved partner aircraft ranging from Light to Large-Cabin Jets. Members can also attend exclusive events and take advantage of a suite of hospitality, lifestyle, and retail benefits from some of the world’s preeminent brands.
The price listed above only get you a membership. Once your membership is activated, you can either “pay as you fly” or purchase a Fund Program (sold separately through Wheels Up) to lock in some extra benefits. With Pay-As-You-Fly you only pay the upfront price per trip. Flights are dynamically priced with a capped hourly rate on 300 days a year. With the Fund Program you get more guarantees, more days with capped hourly rates, a lower rate on the King Air 350i, and lower billable flight times. The package also gets you a $3,500 Costco Shop Card and $4,000 flight credit.
There are actually two packages available. The Core Private Aviation Membership which will cost you $17,499 and the more affordable Connect Private Aviation Membership that costs only $1,994.99.
Wheels Up Core Private Aviation Membership One Year
- 12-month membership plus $3,500 Costco Shop Card
- $4,000 flight credit
- Book safe, comfortable private aircraft to meet your exact financial and travel needs
- Receive guaranteed nationwide aircraft availability up to 365 days a year
- Attend Signature and regional events
- Take advantage of exclusive member benefits, including a complimentary 1-year Inspirato Membership for luxury vacations
- Received dedicated account management
- Delivered via Email
- See offer here.
Wheels Up Connect Private Aviation One-Year Membership
There is also a cheaper option for $1,994.99 which doesn’t get you any guarantees or credits.
- 12 Month Membership
- Book Safe, Comfortable Private Aircraft to Meet your Exact Financial and Travel Needs
- Take Advantage of Shared Flights to Fly Private with other Members and Split the Cost
- Explore the Wheels Up Community Forums to Coordinate Shared Flights with other Members
- Enjoy Signature Events and Exclusive Member Benefits
- See offer here.
These are not packages that target the average passenger. Paying 17K for a membership and then paying out of pocket even more for every flight, is not something that everyone can afford. But if commercial flights are out of the question, and you must have a private jet experience, then these offers can net you some savings.
Anyone jumping on these deals?