Chase United MileagePlus Explorer 75K + $50 & More
Last week I covered a targeted 70K “best ever” bonus on the United MileagePlus Explorer card. I wasn’t targeted and neither were many of you, but thankfully there is still hope. Chase & United have now rolled out two additional increased bonus offers on the cards. Let’s take a look.
The Three Offers
With each of these offers the $95 annual fee is not waived the first year and they all expire on June 30, 2016.
- Offer 1: 50K after $3K spend + 5K for an authorized user. (Public)
- Offer 2: 70K after $3K spend + 5K for an authorized user. (The targeted offer I wrote about last week.)
- Offer 3: 70K after $3K spend + 5K for an authorized user + $50 statement credit after 1st purchase. (Targeted)
Note: This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
Targeted For One But Not the Other & 5/24
I was not targeted for last week’s offer without the statement credit, but surprisingly I was credited with the new 75K + $50 offer so it pays to check both. I am tempted to apply for this given the value of the bonus and considering the statement credit essentially knocks the annual fee down to $45 the first year. I am clearly well over 5/24, but there is some evidence that targeted offers don’t count towards 5/24 and evidence of people being approved for this card over 5/24.
How to Get the Offers
The 55K offer is a direct public link while the 75K offers will require you to login to your MileagePlus account to see if you have been targeted.
- Offer 1: Direct Application Link
- Offer 2: Click this link and login to see if you have been targeted.
- Offer 3: Click this link and login to see if you have been targeted.
As a reminder, here are some of the benefits of the MileagePlus Explorer card:
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Free first checked bag.
- Priority boarding.
- No fees on foreign transactions.
- 2 United Club passes each year for your travel.
Chase Bonus Match
While I have not seen any confirmations of Chase matching the higher 55K or 75K bonuses, in the past they have generally been good about matching public offers. Since the 75K offer is targeted, they may not match that, but it definitely can’t hurt to try. I always send a Secure Message via Chase’s website to ask for matches when a bonus goes up within 90 days of me opening a new account.
The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer 75K + $50 offer is super tempting for me and I may just apply. While United miles aren’t as valuable as they once were, 75K can still get you very far (especially in coach) and given that this is the highest bonus we have ever seen for this card, it seems like now may be a good time to get it again. If I do apply I’ll let you know the results and feel free to share your thoughts and/or experiences with these offers in the comments!
HT: Doctor of Credit