US Bank $400 Checking Bonus
US Bank is offering up to a $400 bonus for new checking accounts. This bonus is available nationwide, but in the US Bank’s footprint only. You can open the account online. Let’s check out more details.
Some people have been having issues doing it online via a browser. Open it via the US Bank app and add in the code. It should work that way.
To earn your $100, $200 or $400 bonus, open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) from February 9 through and including March 31, 2021 with code 2021Q1C. Additionally, you must complete:
- Recurring direct deposits of two or more within 60 days of account opening that total:
- $1,000-$1,999.99 to earn $100;
- $2,000-$3,999.99 to earn $200;
- $4,000 or more to earn $400.
- Enrolling in e-statements by April 14, 2021.
The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and account balance is positive. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- Offer is not applicable to accounts opened at a branch or through 24 Hour Banking. Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
- Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
A great bonus, and most readers should be eligible. You can open the account online and it is almost nationwide. To get the bonus you can open an Easy Checking account that is easy to keep fee-free. You do need two direct deposits that total $4,000 or more, but ACH transfers should work in most cases from banks such as Chase, Discover, Ally and others. You must also enroll in in e-statements.