US Bank $400 Checking Bonus
US Bank is offering up to a $400 bonus for new checking accounts. This bonus is available nationwide, but in the US Bank’s footprint only. In NY and FL you must have an existing relationship. You can open the account online. Let’s check out more details.
Some people have been having issues doing it online via a browser. Open it via the US Bank app and add in the code. It should work that way.
Earn $400 when you open a new Platinum, Gold or Easy checking account Aug. 3 through Sept. 20, 2021 with promo code 2021Q3C. Additionally, you must complete:
- Two or more recurring direct deposits (bonus depends on total direct deposits within 60 days of account opening):
- $100 when you direct deposit $1,000-$1,999.99
- $200 when you direct deposit $2,000-$4,999.99
- $400 when you direct deposit $5,000
- Enroll in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank mobile app
The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and account balance is positive. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- Offer is not applicable to accounts opened at a branch or through 24 Hour Banking. Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
- Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
- Gold Checking has a $14.95 fee that is waived for US Bank credit cardholders.
A great bonus, and most readers should be eligible. You can open the account online and it is almost nationwide. To get the bonus you can open an Easy Checking account that is easy to keep fee-free. Gold Checking is an even better option if you have a US Bank credit card.
You do need two direct deposits that total $5,000 or more, but ACH transfers should work in most cases from banks such as Chase, Discover, Ally and others. You must also enroll in in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank mobile app.