US Bank is Offering a $300 Online Bonus for New Accounts
US Bank is offering a $300 bonus nationwide for new Easy Checking accounts. Let’s check the details.
Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account by March 31, 2020 and:
- Use promo code 2020Q1C
- Make at least two direct deposits that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App by April 7, 2020.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- Offer is not applicable to accounts opened at a branch or through 24 Hour Banking. Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
- Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
The bonus is better than the last time it was offered, since you can just open an Easy Checking account that is easy to keep fee-free. This is a good bonus that can earn you $300 and is available online and nationwide. You do need two direct deposits that total $2,000 or more, but ACH transfers should work in most cases.
HT: Doctor of Credit