US Bank $400 Checking Bonus
US Bank is offering a $400 bonus for new checking accounts. This bonus is available in all states where US Bank has branches. The checking account can be opened in a branch, online or over the phone. Let’s take a look at the details of this new offer.
Complete these steps within 60 days of opening your new Platinum, Gold or Easy checking account in a branch, online or over the phone (Valid until September 2, 2022):
- Enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- Complete two or more direct deposits totaling $4,000 or more.
NOTE: If you apply for your checking account on another page, you’ll need to enter this promo code manually: 2022JUL.
You will receive the checking account bonus into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and account balance is positive. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing US Bank consumer checking account, had a US Bank consumer checking account in the last two years, or received other US Bank bonus offers within the past two years.
- Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
- Gold Checking has a $14.95 fee that is waived for US Bank credit cardholders.
This is not as good as the $500 bonus US Bank had last year but it is still one of the better offers out there. You can open the account online and it is available in most states. To get the bonus you can open an Easy Checking account that is easy to keep fee-free. Gold Checking is an even better option if you have a US Bank credit card.
Keep in mind that the fine print now states that you are not eligible for this offer if you have had an account, or received US Bank bonuses within the past two years.
You do need two direct deposits that total $4,000 or more, but ACH transfers should work from several other banks such as Ally, Chase and more (you can see a list here). You must also enroll in in U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank mobile app.