Viva Las Office, Work From Home In The Lap Of Luxury
More and more people are working from home these days. I have talked about the good and the bad aspects of working from home and even how to best set up your office at home. One of the perks of “working from home” is that home is where your internet connection is. Las Vegas knows that, they have a lot of open rooms and they are looking at you as a way to fill them. MGM has rolled out a new program, Viva Las Office, to fill vacant rooms during the desolate weekdays in a slumping Sin City.
They want you to work from their luxurious rooms, by their stunning pools or in their world renowned restaurants instead of your suburban ranch(yes this is me projecting 🤣). Let’s take a look at the Viva Las Office offers and see if they are worth you taking that home office on the road.
Viva Las Office Packages
They are currently offering 3 different package offers that can be used at their Bellagio or Aria resort. Those are two of the better hotels and casinos in their portfolio so that is a plus for sure.
Here are the perks you get for booking the package:
- Check in as early as 8am and check out as late as 6pm for no extra charge (because those last-minute Video calls wait for no one). And with your choice of 3, 4, or 5-night stays, you can settle in and get comfortable no matter how much work comes your way.
- Get up to $375 in Food & Beverage Credits (based on Executive level for 5 nights) so you can keep your office snack habits going strong, plus your own “Executive Assistant” who will help you make reservations and appointments, and ensure you have everything you need during your stay.
The main perks of the associate package, besides discounted room rates, is the early check in and late checkout, $50 a night food and beverage credit and the $75 discount code for JSX Air. It looks like JSX offers something in between commercial and private plane travel.
You get everything in the Associate package plus a few more perks. You get a better room (Bellagio fountain view or Aria strip view), $25 more dollars in JSX credit, 2 private pool passes and a poolside neck and shoulder massage. I think the pool pass to the Cypress pool is normally $50-$100 a day. I am not sure if you would really need it since the crowds are low.
With the executive package you get a Salone Suite (Bellagio) or City Corner Suite (ARIA). Your nightly food credit goes up to $75 and the JSX credit goes up to $125. You get a full day cabana rental and a poolside massage.
Terms of the Offer
- Must book offer by September 28, 2020 with a three-night stay requirement. Must be for consecutive nights.
- Offer is available for stays now through September 30, 2020 and is only valid for Sunday-Thursday night stay dates.
- Blackout dates may apply and subject to availability. A daily resort fee will be added to your room account, which includes select hotel amenities.
- Your deposit is refundable if reservation is cancelled prior to the deadline set forth in the reservation summary on the booking page.
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check in.
Viva Las Office Final Thoughts
Usually when a property packages things it ends up being a bad deal. That is because the prices are driven up by the additional offerings. The booking will only become a deal if you max out the perks, which many people don’t do. Also with Vegas prices being pretty low ($10 some nights) during the week it may not be all that great of a discount as it is. I did check Bellagio’s prices and they were going for around $129 a night. So if you are booking a 3 plus day stay then this could be the way to go.
It looks like the associate package is the best one to come out on top with since the food and beverage credit can eat up about half of the room rate. You may also want to check out programs like Amex FHR to see what kind of deals you can get going that route. You could potentially build your own associate package for less.
I could see myself taking advantage of this if I lived in a neighboring state. It would be nice to change my work view for a few days. Anyone else interested in this promotion?