Amex Business Platinum 250K Offer
Just when we didn’t think Amex could get any crazier with their offers they slammed an Amex Business Platinum 250K offer on the table. This is a targeted offer (I am guessing highly targeted) being sent out via USPS. So, if you get those USPS informed delivery alert emails I know you’ll be checking them very closely the next few weeks. Let’s take a look at the details of the offer.
Update 6/21/22: It is possible to get a similar 250K offer that also has a 10K authorized user attached by calling in. This goes along with the 180K Amex Gold Business offer people were getting over the phone. HT FM
American Express Business Platinum 250K Offer Details
Here are the terms of the offer:
- Earn 250,000 Membership Rewards after spending $30,000 within the first 6 months of card membership.
- $695 annual fee is NOT waived
- 5x points on hotels and airfare booked at AmexTravel.com
- 1.5x points in the following categories (capped at $2 million per calendar year across the categories):
- Electronics goods, retailers, software, and cloud service providers
- Construction materials and hardware supplies
- Shipping providers
- Earn 1.5x points earned on large purchases over $5,000
- Earn 1x on everything else
First, American Express added new perks in October 2021:
- Dell Technologies – Up to $400 annual statement credit on all Dell purchases, up to $200 semi-annually. This is a $200 increase from the existing Dell benefit for Business Platinum Card Members. Here are some ideas on how to use the credit.
- Indeed – Up to $360 annual statement credit on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services to post open positions and find top talent, up to $90 per quarter.
- Adobe – $150 annual statement credit on select purchases, including Adobe Creative Cloud, the world’s best collection of creative apps and services, and Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign, which makes it easy to send, track and collect trusted e-signatures.
- Wireless Credit – Up to $120 annual statement credits for purchases made directly from any US wireless telephone provider, up to $10 per month.
- Expedited Security Screening – An annual $179 statement credit for a CLEAR membership. Here’s how to sign up and enroll.
That’s on top of the perks the Business Platinum Card already had:
- $200 Airline Fee Credit – up to $200 back in statement credits each year on incidental fees at your preferred airline (must select in advance).
- 35% points back – pay with points to purchase all or part of an airline fare (up to 500,000 points back per calendar year) and get 35% of your points back. The purchase must be first class or business class (any airline) or with your preferred airline (any cabin).
- Cell Phone Protection – covers repair or replacement costs following damage or theft up to $800 per claim, with a limit of two approved claims per 12 month period, when the cell phone line is listed on a wireless bill and the prior month’s wireless bill was paid by an Eligible Card Account. A $50 deductible will apply to each approved claim.
- Up to $100 credit – on a Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee.
Amex Biz Platinum 250K Offer: Final Thoughts
The normal offer on the Business Platinum has hovered between 100K – 150K and usually requires $15,000 in spend within 3 months. This offer is double the spend but double the time. It is kind of like getting 2 Amex Biz Platinum offers with only 1 annual fee. I’ll take that every day and twice on Sunday. Hopefully the USPS email gods show me favor and I get one of these bad boys. Who says you don’t need 3 Business Platinum cards in your account anyway?
Hat Tip: Doctor of Credit