Amex Gold Card Uber Credits
American Express announced late last year that Amex God cardholders would receive a new Uber benefit in 2021. Actually this is not a new benefit, but a replacement. Gold cardholders are losing the $100 airline credit and gaining a $120 Uber credit instead.
Early 2021 was the expected timeframe, but an exact date was not included in the announcement. Now we have new information on when Amex Gold cardholders can expect to receive Uber credits. It comes from a chat message posted on r/amex, where an American Express representative seems to just copy/paste an official announcement about the new benefit.
Starting 1 Feb 2021, on the Gold card, you can receive $10 each month automatically loaded to your Uber Cash account, up to $120 annually.
This is on top of the current $10 Grubhub, Shake Shack, Ruth’s Chris etc. credit that the card already gets.
Amex Gold Card Highlights
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases annually)
- 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines and amextravel.com
- $120 dining credit which gives enrolled Card Members up to $10 per month in statement credits when they use their Card at eligible dining partners including participating Shake Shack locations, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and Grubhub/Seamless
- $120 in Uber credits annually
- Annual Fee: $250
With airline credits becoming more and more difficult to use, having $120 in Uber or Uber Eats credits instead could be more beneficial.
It’s strange that the new benefit kicks off on February 1st, instead of January, but at least now we have a date. Benjy also wrote up a post on how to maximize these Amex Uber benefits, so check it out for more ideas.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.