Amex Platinum card 125K Offer with 10X on Gas/Groceries
It has been a wild ride of some great American Express welcome offers in the last few days. First we saw two Resy offers for the Platinum and Gold card which were some of the best offers in long time. But just two days later the 100K offer popped up for the Amex Platinum Card.
While many people were trying to pull up the 100K offer, a select few got an even better surprise, a 125K offer. That offer also included the 10X earning for gas and groceries, which makes it the best offer ever for the Amex Platinum Card. You can actually earn total of 275K Membership Rewards points when you complete the spending requirement and maximize the $15k spending within the first 6 months. Let’s see the details of this offer, and how you can look for it.
- Earn 125,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- $595 Annual Fee
How to Check
The 125K offer most likely will how up through Pre-Qualified Offers from American Express. They are tailored to your personally. To check if you have any improved welcome offers, just go to the American Express website, click on ‘Cards‘ at the top of the page and then click ‘Check for Pre-Qualified Credit Card Offers’. There you can enter some basic information and you will see a set of offers. You can also try this link.
There are also some rare reports that the offer is showing up in the public link as well.
Amex Platinum Earning Structure
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards on airfare (booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel). This will be capped at $500,000 per year starting 1/1/21.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards on prepaid hotels booked on Amex Travel
- 1 Amex Membership Rewards point per dollar on everything else
Amex Platinum Card Perks
Let’s take a quick look at what the Amex Platinum offers in terms of yearly perks & credits:
- $100 Annual Saks Department Store Credit: How to Use the $100 Saks Credit
- $200 Annual Uber Credit: Our Guide to Amex Platinum Uber Credit
- $200 Annual Airline Fee Credit: See Complete Guide to Maximizing Your Travel Credits
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓: Check out our 3 Part Guide to Global Entry
- Centurion, Delta, Priority Pass, Escape, Airspace & Amex International lounge access.
- Hilton & Marriott Gold Status
- No foreign transaction fees
Check out our Amex Platinum perks breakdown for more detail.
I don’t think we need to analyze this offer much to figure out that it is a great opportunity for those who have been waiting for a big bonus. Even with the $595 fee you can come out way ahead with the 125K points and 10X on gas and groceries in addiiton to all the perks the card gets you.
The main issue is getting this offer, which is still pretty rare. But the 100K bonus that most people are able to get is still an amazing option. let us know if you get lucky with the 125 offer.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.