100K Platinum Offer Publicly Available, Plus 10X on Gas/Groceries
Mark covered an amazing new offer for the Amex Platinum card yesterday. 75K Membership rewards points, up to $300 back after spending $1,500 at restaurants, and 10X points on gas and supermarkets. Can it get any better than that? Apparently yes! Today American Express is showing a 100K offer for many people. The offer is showing up on the direct link to the Amex Platinum card page, and it also includes the 10X earning mentioned above.
Update 12/22/20: This offer is showing up for some people when referring friends and family as well. If you are unable to get targeted for the 125K offer this is a great second option. It is an even better if you are in a two player system and the referral bonus is worth 30K-35K Membership Rewards points. HT DoC
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- $550 annual fee is not waived
To find this offer you just need to go here. If you only see a 75K offer instead, keep refreshing or try opening it with a clean browser.
Amex Platinum Earning Structure
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards on airfare (booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel). This will be capped at $500,000 per year starting 1/1/21.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards on prepaid hotels booked on Amex Travel
- 1 Amex Membership Rewards point per dollar on everything else
Amex Platinum Card Perks
Let’s take a quick look at what the Amex Platinum offers in terms of yearly perks & credits:
- $100 Annual Saks Department Store Credit: How to Use the $100 Saks Credit
- $200 Annual Uber Credit: Our Guide to Amex Platinum Uber Credit
- $200 Annual Airline Fee Credit: See Complete Guide to Maximizing Your Travel Credits
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓: Check out our 3 Part Guide to Global Entry
- Centurion, Delta, Priority Pass, Escape, Airspace & Amex International lounge access.
- Hilton & Marriott Gold Status
- No foreign transaction fees
Check out our Amex Platinum perks breakdown for more detail.
Let’s see how this offer compared to the one from Resy from those who have any doubt on which is the nest option.
With this new offer you get an additional 25,000 Membership Rewards points, instead of the 20% back at restaurants up to $300. Considering that Amex Platinum wouldn’t normally be your go to card for dining, you can’t take that $300 at full value either.
But either way, I think we can all agree that an extra 25,000 Membership Rewards points are better than 20% back at restaurants, up to $300.
So yes you can have your cake and eat it too. You just won’t earn 20% back. Instead you will get 25,000 more Membership rewards points through this offer, compared to the one that American Express released just two days ago.
100K offers for the Amex Platinum cards are already super rare. But this one is even better as it also gets you 10X at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases.