Capital One Launches the Venture X Card – First Take
We have seen several new credit card products in recent months, and now Capital One is getting into the fray with the brand new Venture X card. This new Capital One card has a big welcome offer and quite a few perks to get you excited. Applications go live on November 9, but that doesn’t stop us from taking a first look at the new Venture X today!
New Capital One Premium Card – Venture X
The credit card premium space has been an interesting one over the past several years. The segment really took off following the release of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, however several other banks have gotten into the game as well. Most recently American Express has been upping the benefits on their Platinum card, but with a higher fee. Capital One Venture X is aiming to join the market at a lower price point than their competitors, but with some compelling features and a big sign-up bonus.
Venture X Welcome Offer
While I’ll go over the details and perks of the Capital One Venture X below, I know many of you are interested in the welcome offer for the card. Capital One is going big with this offer giving 100K points. Here is how it works:
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 miles after spending $10,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- For a limited time, cardholders can earn up to $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and VRBO.
- Annual fee is $395.
As you can see the Capital One Venture X comes in at a lower fee than most of its competitors and the sign-up bonus is worth at least $1,000. You should be able to get even more value than that under their newly revamped program. Applications for Venture X go live on November 9 and please keep in mind their application rules before applying.
Venture X Earnings & Perks
It isn’t everyday that a major bank launches a premium card so if you are excited to learn about Venture X then we totally understand! Let’s go over some of the details and perks of the brand new Capital One Venture X card.
Venture X – Earning Structure
- 10X earning on hotels and rental cars booked with Capital One Travel
- 5X earning on flights booked with Capital One Travel
- 2X earning on all other purchases
- No limits on the total rewards you can earn, and your rewards never expire.
Venture X – Other Perks/Benefits
- $300 in statement credits for bookings made on Capital One Travel
- 10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary (equal to $100 towards travel)
- Unlimited access to Capital One Lounges and also to 1,300+ Priority Pass lounges internationally
- Up to $100 in statement credits for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
Our Quick Thoughts on Venture X
The new Capital One Venture X card further expands Capital One’s family of Venture cards. Capital One has done a lot to improve their program and ecosystem with the addition of transfer partners and even the launch of Capital One Travel powered by Hopper. We’ll have our full review of Venture X coming in the next few days, but we believe this is a card worth looking at for many due to its strong earning potential on everyday purchases, the overall value of the card the first year and the lower annual fee compared to its competitors.
Capital One Launches the Venture X Card – Bottom Line
Capital One is making a splash with the new Venture X card. They seem to have come to play with recent additions of lounges to their network and 1:1 transfer partners as well. While we still don’t know everything about Venture X including premium features like protections, etc. there is a lot to like here for now. Stay tuned for our full review in the coming days.
Are you going to apply for the Capital One Venture X? Let us know in the comments!