Capital One Spark & Capital One Venture X Offers Ending
Is it just me, or does it seem like we are getting slapped in the face with massive welcome offers every day now? Oh, hi Amex! Well, two recent offers that gave us a loud smack upon the cheek are about to end. The Capital One Spark Cash Plus & Capital One Venture X offers are some of the best out there right now. They can offer you thousand(s) in cash back or hundreds of thousands in points, the choice could be yours. But, you only have a few more days to grab one since these offers turn into pumpkins starting on Monday the 14th. Let’s take a look at each offer.
These offers have ended since posting.
Capital One Application Rules
There are a couple of things we should point out about Capital One’s application rules before we dive into these offers.
Capital One is a difficult approval and it pulls your credit from all three bureaus. If you value your hard inquiries then you should be aware of that. They also have the following application rules:
- Maximum of 2 personal cards at any time.
- Only 1 new card every 6 months.
If you have already been approved for a Capital One card in the last 6 months you will be auto denied so don’t even try.
Spark Cash Plus $3000 Offer Details
Here are the details for the Spark Cash Plus offer and the card’s earning details:
- Earn $500 once you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn and additional $2,500 once you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months.
- The card earns 2% back on all purchases
- The Spark Cash Plus has no preset spending limit
- $150 annual fee is NOT waived
- This card should NOT count against your Chase 5/24 count.
- Learn More
At the end of reaching the spending requirement you would be sitting on an astonishing 400,000 points worth $4,000. You can even turn these into transferable miles if you hold a Capital One Venture card or Capital One Venture X card.
Here are the welcome offer details and card earning / perks for the Capital One Venture X card.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 miles after spending $10,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- For a limited time, cardholders can earn up to $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and VRBO. (This has been triggered but a lot of different travel purchases outside the scope of Airbnb and VRBO)
- Annual fee is $395.
- Learn More
Venture X – Earning Structure
- 10X earning on hotels and rental cars booked with Capital One Travel
- 5X earning on flights booked with Capital One Travel
- 2X earning on all other purchases
- No limits on the total rewards you can earn, and your rewards never expire.
Venture X – Other Perks/Benefits
- $300 in statement credits for bookings made on Capital One Travel
- 10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary (equal to $100 towards travel)
- Unlimited access to Capital One Lounges
- Priority Pass membership that allows two guests
- Add up to 4 authorized user cards at no extra cost
- Authorized users get free Capital One lounge and Priority Pass entry and can bring up to two guests as well.
- Complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status for primary cardholders and authorized users.
- Up to $100 in statement credits for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
- Learn More
These are two of the best offers we have ever seen, across all card issuers. It is true, they both require a hefty amount of spend as well, the Spark Cash Plus in particular. Luckily, Capital One gives you longer than three months for the biggest parts of both offers. That makes it a little easier to swallow, not much but a little. I think most people can reach the $1700 a month for 6 months requirement of the Capital One Venture X.
If you were planning on grabbing one of these offers then be sure to give it the old college try before they go poof early next week. Capital One is still one of the toughest approvals out there but we have heard more success than normal on these cards. It moved from impossible to most likely not essentially.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.