Chase Sapphire Reserve Application Link
And so let the month of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card continue. Sunday 8/21 was the official launch day of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card with many people applying in-branch, but no online Chase Sapphire Reserve application link showed up. Thankfully that is no longer the case, but there are some things you should know before applying.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Overview
- 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points (worth $1,500 in travel) after $4,000 spend in the first 3 months.
- Annual fee: $450
- 3X Dining & Travel.
- 1X Everywhere else.
- $300 annual travel credit per calendar year (get it twice in your first cardmember year.)
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Global Entry fee credit
- 1:1 points transfers
- Travel & purchase protection
- Points worth 1.5 cents each when used to book travel.
More Sapphire Reserve Info
As a reminder, I have covered everything you need to know about this card over the past week. For more info see these posts:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve & 5/24: Mixed Results from In-Branch Applications
- How to Activate Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass Lounge & Car Rental Elite Benefits
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Full Benefits Guide Released: All Card Benefits Top to Bottom
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Sapphire Reserve: Which Card to Get & Which to Keep
- How I Got Approved for the Sapphire Reserve but Almost Completely Screwed It Up! (And Other Tidbits)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass Guest Policy Confirmed?!?
- How to Easily Track Your Chase Sapphire Reserve Travel Credit & 3X Earnings
The 5/24 Rule
Chase seems to be enforcing their 5/24 rule for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. This means that you are likely to get denied if you have opened up 5 or more revolving accounts in the past 24 months across all banks. I covered how Chase is treating 5/24 with the Sapphire Reserve application link in a separate post, but it isn’t looking good. If you are over 5/24 it may pay to go into a branch to see if you are preapproved for the card. Some people have had success getting approvals that way.