Extend Kroger Fuel Points, An Easy Call Saves You Money
At the end of April, Kroger automatically extended customers’ March fuel point balances. This essentially allowed customers an extra month to use their March points through the end of May. I appreciated this extension since I’m not driving as much and didn’t need to use the fuel points immediately. Given today is near the end of the month and I hadn’t seen any official update from Kroger, I decided to give them a call. Long story short, you can extend Kroger fuel points. Here’s the process.
Update: Kroger is only allowing 3 rollovers per year now so be sure to use them when it makes the most sense.
How to Extend Kroger Fuel Points
- Call Kroger at (800) 576-4377. If you have a fuel points membership from another Kroger family brand, call their respective helpline.
- Choose Option 3 for fuel points inquiries.
- An automated system will continue to attempt to help you. Disregard and say “representative”.
- Wait on hold. Ensure to have your Kroger membership number available for the representative.
- Once connected to a representative, request to have your expiring fuel points balance rolled over into the next month’s fuel points balance.
- Before hanging up, check your Kroger app or online account to ensure the points have updated and been applied to the right month. You should also see that the expiration date for your updated points extended.
The process is relatively smooth, but getting to a CSR can be bumpy. My hold time was approximately seven minutes on my first call. Once connected, the CSR accidentally disconnected me! I called back, waited another five minutes or so, and was finally connected to a very helpful CSR. She explained that April fuel points are not being automatically extended, but she could manually roll over my April fuel points into my May points balance. The process took a couple minutes with the CSR and reflected in my account immediately. I received confirmation that the new expiration date for all points is the end of June. Call before the end of the month – otherwise, your expiring fuel points will disappear!
While an automatic extension would have been nice, I applaud Kroger for their customer focus by extending fuel points again (albeit manually). Kroger’s move allows me to avoid a dreaded end of the month fuel stop that would have resulted in a less optimal redemption. Make a call and save some points and money today!
I have heard in the past that you can extend Kroger fuel points, but it was good to test it out myself. This should hopefully work in future months as well.