Earn Up to 60K Points with World of Hyatt Credit Card
Chase and World of Hyatt have launched a new credit card offer today. You can get a bonus of up to 60,000 World of Hyatt points with a new World of Hyatt Credit Card. However, half of the bonus required a total spend of $15K. Let’s see the details of the offer.
Some Of These Offers May Have Ended Or Changed
New World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who apply and are approved for the card will be able to take advantage of a new signup bonus:
- Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points (up to 12 free nights!)
- 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening;
- Plus, up to 30,000 more Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spend on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 in the first six months of account opening
- $95 Annual Fee
- LEARN MORE
As a reminder, in addition to this special signup bonus, new Cardmembers receive World of Hyatt Discoverist status upon signing up for the card, which includes valuable benefits like late checkout, preferred room upgrades, and 10% Bonus Point earning. Plus, new cardmembers receive additional benefits including a Category 1-4 free night award each year, five Tier-Qualifying Night credits each year and more. There’s also this promotion which we covered yesterday that will earn you up to 5,000 extra points.
The $15,000 in spend required will also unlock a category 1-4 free night since you earn one every year once surpassing that spending threshold.
The Chase Hyatt credit card earns points on a three tiered system:
- 1 point per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
- 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, on plane tickets purchased directly from airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- 4 points per dollar spent at Hyatt properties.
Other product features:
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status
- No foreign transaction fees and a chip enabled card.
- Annual free night certificate for use at any category 1-4 property.
Read our full review here.
Breaking Down The Value
After meeting the required $15,000 in spend within 6 months to unlock the entire bonus you will have:
- 60,000 World of Hyatt points (minimum)
- Category 1-4 free night cert worth a maximum of 15,000 points.
- If you value the points at 1.5 cents each that is a value of $1,125 (assuming a category 4 night stay with the certificate). Or a return of 6.8% on all of that spend after taking the annual fee into consideration.
This offer will replace the current one of 50,000 Bonus Points. We also saw a targeted offer for up to 70,000 points late last year. While you can earn up to 60,000 points with the new offer, to get the full welcome offer you need to spend a total of $15,000.
For the second half of the bonus, you earn 2X Bonus Points total per $1 (instead of 1X), on up to $15,000 within six months. That’s not the most exciting earning rate since you can earn Ultimate Rewards points with multiple cards and then transfer to Hyatt.