Amazon & Amex Team Up To Give All Cardholders $20 Off
Update 2: I wanted to let you know that I was able to get the $20 credit to work. I never received an email but was able to get it to apply once my items had shipped. It just automatically applied when I added $20 worth of stuff from moments stores. I tried to make a normal purchase that was sold and shipped by Amazon but that didn’t work. This is for anyone that got the order in before they pulled the offer and have been waiting on the credit.
Update 1: It appears Amazon & Amex pulled this offer very early. Why it is always best to jump on these deals ASAP.
There is a new Amazon deal from American Express but this one doesn’t require any Membership Rewards points. You simply need to use your Amex card to purchase $50 worth of goods that are shipped and sold by Amazon and you will get a $20 credit to use on a future purchase. The catch is the credit has to be used on moments stores purchases. There seems to be a ton of stuff in there and they say moments store items are simply 4 star items and above. Looks like AirPods, batteries, food and plenty of other stuff is in there so spending the $20 should be pretty easy.
Details on the Offer
Use an American Express card to make a single purchase of $50 or more on Amazon and get $20 off a future purchase. $20 credit can only be used on moments store purchases.
This only works on merchandise, gift cards do not work.
- Offer can only be redeemed once per customer / account.
- Limited-time offer, expires 7/22/2020.
- Promotional credit expires 8/22/2020
- Add products that are shipped and sold by Amazon to your Shopping Cart and check out by July 22, 2020; only items that are sold and shipped by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC qualify for this promotion (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page).
- Purchases of Amazon e-gift cards do not qualify for this promotion.
If you return any of the items involved in the promotion, Amazon reserves the right to remove the promotional credit.
How It Works
First things first, add $50 worth of items to your cart that are shipped and sold by Amazon. I added $50 worth of Sparkling Ice water, we blow through this stuff. Once that is loaded switch your payment over to pretty much any Amex card. If the products meet the requirements you should see promotion applied below the total. I highlighted that in the picture above. I tried adding gift cards as well just to be sure the promotion code doesn’t pop up and it didn’t. They should email you the $20 code once the order ships. You can pair this up with the no rush shipping credit to save even more money.
List of Currently Ongoing Amazon Deals
I wanted to start off with a list of deals currently being offered by Amazon that can save you some money:
- (Targeted) Amazon Echo Glow Sale, Get One For Only $4.99
- Save 20% When Using Discover Cash Back
- Save 20% On Amazon with 1 Membership Rewards Point
- Shop with Amazon App, Get $10 Promo Code
- Up to $20 Discount at Amazon with Discover Card
This is essentially $20 off of $70 worth of purchases, or a discount of up to 28.5%. That is not too shabby and while more annoying than the normal Membership Rewards promos this will actually work for more people.
I selected my Amazon Prime Business card and the promotion still showed as applied so you can get an additional 5% back using that as well. Although the terms say consumer cards so that may not include business cards. However since it says promotion applied I think it will work.