Amex Blue Cash Preferred, New $300 Bonus with Waived Annual Fee
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card has a new bonus that comes with the annual fee waived for the first year. You can earn $300 when you apply and are approved for the card. Let’s check the details.
- Earn $300 Back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months. You will receive the $300 back in the form of a statement credit.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR applies.
- Plus, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- LEARN MORE
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases (Cash Back is earned in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed for a statement credit)
- LEARN MORE
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card now has two new bonus categories. You earn 6% Cash Back on streaming subscriptions and 3% cash back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares. That’s in addition to the 6% cash back on $6,000 in purchases annually at U.S. supermarkets.
The $300 bonus is good, but not the best we have seen. The highest ever offer is $450. The spending requirement is also higher than usual at $3,000, but you have 6 months to complete it. However, the annual fee is waived the first year, which saves you $95.
The offer is available through referrals as well, so that could be the best way to go about applying. If you use a referral link, the person referring you also earns a bonus, which can be as high as 30K Membership Rewards points in some cases.