Amex Mortgage Bonus
American Express has a different offer for its cardholders, that doesn’t involve any credit card bonuses. If you are looking to get a new mortgage or refinance, you can earn up to a $6,000 statement credit. The offer was sent out by email and is tied to a specific Amex card. But there’s also a public bonus page that doesn’t seem to have any restrictions as far as who can apply.
In order to get the bonus you need to refinance or apply and get approved for a mortgage through Rocket Mortgage. This is an online and mobile-friendly mortgage application process developed by Quicken Loans. You need to apply by 7/25/20 and close by 10/28/20 to get the offer. You can see the offer page here.
There are two parts to this offer, depending on what type of loan you need:
- Get a $2,000 American Express statement credit after you refinance or finance your home purchase with a conforming mortgage from Rocket Mortgage.
- Get a $6,000 American Express statement credit after you refinance or finance your home purchase with a jumbo mortgage from Rocket Mortgage.
Refinancing your mortgage for a bonus is not a great idea. But you should crunch the numbers and see if it makes sense. With low interest rates, some people could find that they can get a better deal even with the fees and closing costs that come with refinancing.
- To be eligible for the statement credit, apply by 10/2/22 and close by 1/5/23.
- The mortgage loan and mortgage services that are part of this offer are provided exclusively by Quicken Loans, and are not provided, underwritten or serviced by American Express. This offer does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of Quicken Loans or its mortgage services by American Express. American Express is not responsible for any of the activities of Quicken Loans.
- Offer only available on new purchase or refinance loans. Offer does not apply to loans submitted to Quicken Loans through a mortgage broker, Agency Plus loans, Portfolio Products, and Advantage Products. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Acceptance of this offer constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Additional restrictions/conditions may apply.
- “Eligible Cards” include personal consumer American Express Cards. Prepaid Cards and products, American Express Corporate Cards, American Express Small Business Cards and American Express-branded cards or account numbers issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer.
- In the mortgage application, your current address must be in one of the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI (each, an “eligible State”)
The bonus alone might not be a good enough reason to refinance. But if refinancing makes sense for you, then an extra $2,000 or $6,000 makes it much better. The bigger bonus only applies to jumbo loans. These are mortgages larger than the limit set every year by the FHFA, which are usually needed in more expensive markets.
Let us know if you have done these Amex mortgage bonuses in the past, or if you have any experience with Rocket Mortgage.