The Double Elite Nights Credit On World Of Hyatt Card Deserves Attention
There’s a double elite nights credit perk for new cardmembers on the World of Hyatt card. I think this is big news, especially given other promotions with Hyatt this year. It’s huge. You’d think everyone would be talking about it…but they’re not.
I think this perk deserves your attention if you have any interest in World of Hyatt status. Let’s look at it and why it’s so great.
Some Of These Offers May Have Ended Or Changed
Double Elite Nights Credit On World Of Hyatt Card
There’s a current promotion for new cardmembers who get the World of Hyatt Card from Chase between now and the end of the year. We’ve previously called the World of Hyatt Card the “king of hotel credit cards” in our review of the card found here. Sure, the card is great, people like it…what’s the point of this article?
Current Welcome Offer
The welcome offer, purely in terms of points, isn’t stellar. I definitely prefer the old offer. The current welcome offer is:
- 30,000 Hyatt points after $3,000 in spend
- Earn up to 30,000 additional points. Get 2X per dollar on all purchases that used to earn 1X per dollar on your first $15,000 in spend within the first 6 months.
That offer is not “great” so let’s move on to the actual point here.
There is a sleeper benefit for new cardmembers that deserves attention:
New cardmembers who apply by September 30, 2021 will receive double elite night credits for stays between August 16 and December 31, 2021. This means earning 2 night credits for each night you stay at a Hyatt for the rest of 2021.
That’s right. If you apply for (and are approved) for this card between now and the end of the year, you earn 2 nights for every night you stay with Hyatt. That’s pretty nice. However, it’s not “huge” in and of itself.
Stacking Hyatt Promotions
This double elite nights feature for new accounts on the World of Hyatt Card becomes huge when combined with Hyatt’s reduced requirements for elite status in 2021.
With reduced elite status requirements, anyone looking to earn elite status with Hyatt should seriously consider this card if eligible. With the requirements cut in half + earning double nights at a time = earning status at 4x the normal rate.
Top-tier status (“Globalist“) with Hyatt is a favorite of many in this hobby. Normally, you need to stay 60 nights in a year to earn this status. For 2021, though, they cut it in half. You need just 30 nights. But with the credit card’s offer and the nights you get for carrying the card make this even easier than expected.
Breaking Down The Numbers To Globalist Status
We need to hit 30 nights before the end of the year to earn top tier Globalist status.
- Just for being a cardholder you get 5 elite night credits.
- That drops it down to 25 nights needed.
- Cardholders can earn a $15K free night certificate, which is the required spend for the welcome offer. It used to be based on cardmember year but starting in 2022 it will be based on the calendar year. That means you could earn two in the first year of holding the card. One before the end of 2021 and then another starting in 2022. You also earn 2 elite night credits for every $5,000 in spend. That $15,000 would earn you an additional 6 nights of elite night credits.
- That drops it down to 19 nights needed.
- With the double night credits that means you could have Globalist status with just 10 stays before the end of the year. Less if you spend more on the card in $5,000 chunks.
The 10 nights could cost as little as 50,000 points to achieve if you spent the 10 nights at a category 1 hotel. That is less than the amount of points you would earn from the welcome offer. You would then hold the status until February of 2023.
This also assumes you are starting with 0 nights. If you have some Hyatt stays already this year then you need to add those in and adjust the numbers.
You obviously need to be eligible for the World of Hyatt Card to apply and open it. That includes eligibility under the Chase 5/24 rule and timing rules (can’t open this card if you received a welcome offer bonus on the card within the past 24 months). See more about Chase application rules here.
If you’re looking for Hyatt status and you’re eligible for this card, this benefit (and the timing of it) is huge! I really don’t know why almost no one is talking about it.
You can read more about Globalist status and its perk here.