World of Hyatt Credit Card Review
Chase has been the provider of the Hyatt credit card for some time now. in 2018 they released the refreshed World of Hyatt credit card with new perks and features not seen before. In this World of Hyatt credit card review we will take a look at the World of Hyatt credit card bonus, earning structure, whether or not the card is a long term keeper, and our overall grade for the card.
This Offer May Have Changed / Ended Since The Publishing Of This Article
World of Hyatt Credit Card Review – Welcome Offer
The new World of Hyatt credit card has a $95 annual fee and comes with the following sign up bonus:
- 30,000 Hyatt points after $3,000 in spend
- Earn up to 30,000 additional points. Get 2X per dollar on all purchases that used to earn 1X per dollar on your first $15,000 in spend within the first 6 months.
Know More: The previous high bonus for this card gave 60,000 points total after $6K in spend in the first 6 months.
Welcome Offer Value – $805
While some other sites will tell you a higher value, based on our extensive experience redeeming World of Hyatt points, we peg their value at a conservative 1.5 cents per point. That means you’ll get $805 in value from the points after subtracting the annual fee. This doesn’t account for the large amount of spend required for the card with the current offer. The old 50,000 point offer after spending $6,000 was actually better overall.
This card also comes with a ton of perks including free nights (see below), so your overall value should be even higher than that.
Need to Know – Bonus Restrictions
Just like all other Chase cards, the World of Hyatt credit card does fall under the dreaded Chase 5/24 rule. This means you most likely will not be approved if you have opened up 5 or more revolving accounts at any bank over the past 24 months.
Additionally, the Chase World of Hyatt credit card also has Chase’s standard 24 month bonus restriction language:
“The product is not available to either current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.”
Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card Review – Earning Structure
The World of Hyatt credit card earns World of Hyatt points and features bonus categories as well. Here is how you will earn World of Hyatt points with this card:
- 4 points per dollar at Hyatt properties
- 2 points per dollar at restaurants, fitness clubs/gym memberships, airfare booked directly with the airline and local transit including rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.)
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
Chase World of Hyatt Cardmember Perks
The World of Hyatt credit card really shines when it comes to cardmember perks! This is the reason why many members of the MtM team carry this card.
The World of Hyatt credit card gives you the ability to earn free nights.
- Receive a “free night” at any category 1–4 Hyatt every year after your cardmember anniversary.
- A second category 1-4 “free night” when you spend $15,000 on the card in your cardmember year.
Elite Qualifying Nights
If you are a World of Hyatt elite members, this card helps to fast track you towards status by providing elite qualifying nights.
- You receive 5 World of Hyatt tier qualifying night credits each year.
- Earn 2 World of Hyatt tier qualifying night credits after every $5,000 in spend on the card. There doesn’t seem to be a cap either.
Other Card Perks
- Complimentary Discoverist Status
- No foreign transaction fees
- Purchase Protection – Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim, up to $50,000 per account.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement – Up to $3,000 in coverage if the airline loses you or your immediate family member’s luggage.
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance – If your trip is cut short or canceled by severe weather, sickness, or other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses.
- Baggage Delay Insurance – Essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours are covered, up to $100 a day for 5 days.
Should You Keep the World of Hyatt Credit Card Long Term?
The World of Hyatt credit card has a ton of features that make it attractive to keep long term. You get a free night every year and if you spend $15K you’ll get a second one. The ability to fast track towards elite status through spend plus the other perks also add to the card’s overall long term value. Shawn and other members of our team have and keep this card due to the ongoing value it provides.
The Chase World of Hyatt credit card is an incredibly valuable product with an attractive sign-up bonus in addition to useful long term perks.
Here are some key things we think you should take away from this review.
- The welcome offer is worth about $805 after factoring in the annual fee
- You get a free category 1-4 night each year you hold the card
- If you spend $15K in a year you’ll get a second free night
- The card provides 5 elite qualifying nights plus ways to earn more qualifying nights through spend
- Many other smaller perks add to the overall value of the Chase World of Hyatt credit card
Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card Review – Bottom Line
Chase really knocked it out of the park with their World of Hyatt credit card. It is a card that offers value even if you just throw it in the drawer and don’t use it all that often. But, it really becomes valuable when you put the card to work. The free night at $15,000 in spend and elite stay credits for every $5,000 in spend earn this card a place in your wallet instead of your sock drawer.
In our opinion it is now the best everyday hotel credit card on the market.