The Story Of Being Stranded In Tonga From Beginning To End!
Yesterday Zoe finally did it, she boarded a plane and left Tonga for the first time since the pandemic started. She attempted to a week ago but had to cancel because of layover and transit rules along the way. This week was also the first time she ever had to wear a mask, insane! She didn’t get to go home or back to work in China, but she was able to head back to the UK. The flight plan was as brutal as it gets and she shared it on her Instagram account:
That is a rough introduction to the pandemic and mask wearing right there!
Update 12/4/21: Zoe’s story of getting home and what it was like to be in a covid world for the first time have been added below.
Hearing The Story From The Beginning To End
Zoe was able to share her story with CNN and Forbes over the last few weeks, but you know she has been sharing it here all the way along the way, too. I figured I would put together a recap of her stories along the way, in case you missed any of it. And we should have an update from her in the coming weeks (also hopefully a podcast guest appearance once she settles in).
Here are her articles about her experiences in Tonga from beginning to end:
- Life In A Country Without Coronavirus & How I Got Stuck Here
- How Tonga Is Remaining COVID-19 Free For 8 Months. My First Hand Account
- Covid Trapped: How I Made A Life While Marooned in Paradise
- A Year Inside a Country Without Coronavirus: Tonga
- Swimming With Whales Was An Unforgettable Experience
- Make the Most of Your Pacific Island Travel With These Pro Tips
- After Being “Covid Trapped” For 16+ Months It Is Time To Finally Go Home
- Why You Can’t Trust Every Travel Blog, What To Watch Out For
- After 18 Months I Finally Got Off Tonga, With Many Hiccups Along the Way
- Pandemic Shock? Entering A Covid World After 18 Months Without It
Be sure to follow along with Zoe’s story as it continues on her Instagram account and her YouTube channel. And of course here at Miles to Memories, as she continues to share her story and travel experiences.
Safe travels Zoe!