Amex Business Platinum Spending Offer
American Express is being generous this week and is sending out a pretty good spending offer to targeted Business Platinum cardholders. And I love me a good spending offer. Let’s take a look.
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your enrolled Card to spend at least $5,000 (the “First Tier Spend Requirement”) on qualifying purchases between the date you enrolled through October 15, 2018 (the “Offer Period”);
- Earn an additional 10,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your enrolled Card to spend at least an additional $5,000 (the “Second Tier Spend Requirement”) on qualifying purchases* during the Offer Period.
Are You Targeted?
To see if you are targeted, look for an email with the following subject line (Sub your business name with mine), “MILES TO MEMORIES, you’ve been selected to earn up to 35,000 Membership Rewards® points.”
You can also check to see if you are targeted at this offer link.
Amex Business Platinum Spending Offer – Key Terms
- Qualifying purchases on all Cards under a particular Card Account (including the Basic Card as well as any Additional or Employee Cards) are combined for the purpose of calculating the amount of spending that counts towards the Spend Requirement for each tier. Membership Rewards® points for this Offer are credited to the Basic Card Member only.
- You will receive a maximum of a 35,000 Membership Rewards points under this Offer, if you meet the Spend Requirement for both tiers. Y
- Membership Rewards points for each tier will appear on your billing statement 8-12 weeks after you have met the Spend Requirement for that tier.
- Qualifying purchases are purchases for goods and services. Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Amex Business Platinum Spending Offer – Analysis
The first tier is essentially giving a bonus 5X on all purchases which is fantastic. While the second tier drops to just an extra 2X, it could still be worth doing depending on the amount of spend you have organically. I personally received this offer and will go for at least the first tier, but I won’t be purchasing gift cards to meet the spend given Amex’s crackdowns on the practice.
It’s always nice when a company adds value to a product that you already have. In this case the $450 annual fee Business Platinum just became a little more valuable since I will be able to meet the spend and put 25K-35K in my account.
Were you targeted for this Amex Business Platinum spending offer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!