Amex Travel Discounts – Massive Savings For Platinum Cardholders
Our friend Bethany Walsh over at Bougie Miles found quite the gem of deals today. She was combing through American Express’ website, as she often does, and came across some insane savings for Platinum cardholders. This is the same way she found that awesome American Airlines tip a few years back. She located some Amex travel discounts that are available to Platinum cardholders. She was able to get over 50% off some first class flights! The best part of it is you can book these with Membership Rewards if you carry a Business Platinum card.
Details Of The Offer
- Discount applies to the base airfare of the ticket/s. All ticket/s are subject to government imposed taxes/fees and airline-imposed fuel/security surcharges/mandatory non-refundable fees.
- All ticket/s purchased will have all valid fare rules and restrictions apply. Tickets will only be refundable if the ticket purchased is in a refundable fare class.
- Available for U.S. Platinum Charge Card Members and U.S. Centurion® Members only and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members such as Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Card Members who are not also U.S. Platinum Charge Card Members or U.S. Centurion® Members.
- Fares will display in search results on amextravel.com only if an eligible Card Member is logged into his/her account.
- Fares are combinable with other promotions available through American Express Travel.
- Participating domestic routes may be subject to change throughout the offer period and will vary across participating airlines.
- The eligible Card Member must be one of the travelers on the booking. Discounts are applied to the base airfare.
Be sure to check out the post on Bougie Miles for some amazing examples of what can be done with this offer. She did all of leg work so give her the clicks 😉.
Amex Travel Discounts – Final Thoughts
If you were planning on booking any cash flights during the promotional period then be sure to check out this deal. Earlier this week I talked about why now is the time to get a Platinum card (with the increased offer) and it is even worth potentially bypassing the 100K Platinum card offer.
If you have a Business Platinum card then you are in an even better spot since you can use the 35% rebate on these flights. That is if you find any from your selected airline or book business class.
This could be perfect for the FoundersCard status match opportunity on American Airlines too.
Let me know if you end up booking anything in the comments and thanks again to Bougie Miles for finding this gem.