End of Month Checklist: Credits, Spending Offers and Fuel Points
Another month has come and gone…well almost. Since it is the twilight of the month I wanted to put together an end of month checklist. This will include all of the random credits you have on your credit cards, other spending offers and deals that need managing each month. This one is extra special since it is also the end of the year!
Regular Monthly Credits
This list is going to be bigger than normal because of all of the pandemic credits. Here is a list of everything you need to use in the next day or so or you will lose it. Here is an awesome spreadsheet that should help you keep track of your Amex credits during the month.
- $15 Uber Credit + $20 Bonus for December
- $50 in Saks Fifth Avenue credit – Must use by June 30th and December 31st. You get 2 credits per year.
- Make sure you to use your $200 airline incidental credit as well (have until December 31st).
- $20 entertainment credit
Amex Platinum Business Card
- $200 in Dell credit (x2) – Must use by June 30th and December 31st. You get 2 credits per year.
- $10 wireless credit
Amex Gold Card
- $10 in credits at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations.
- $10 Uber credit
Amex Aspire Card
- Make sure you used up your $250 airline incidental credit (have until December 31st).
Spending Offers Ending
Here is another spreadsheet that should help you with your Chase credits each month.
Chase Co-branded Cards
- Chase has targeted most co-branded cardholders for 3X or 5X spending offers for various options. Check your cards here.
Chase Freedom & Freedom Flex
- Get in your $1500 in spend for the Chase Freedom Flex this quarter. The categories are PayPal and Walmart.
- Discover card has Apple Pay and Amazon as its 5% categories for the 4th quarter.
- The Citi Dividend has restaurants and select travel for the 4th quarter.
Extend Fuel Points
Remember to call and extend the fuel points in your area’s program. Benjy shared how to do this with Kroger. It should work the same for most programs. They normally limit you to 3 extensions per year.
Hopefully you found this end of month checklist useful. I will continue to update and post it every month as a reminder. I know I need to take care of two of these things today so it is a good reminder for me too 😁.