Hilton Business Amex Increased Offer Via Dummy Booking, You Can Do Better
Doctor of Credit has reported that there is a Hilton Business increased offer via dummy bookings out there. This offer is an improvement over the recently increased 130,000 point public offer, but it still isn’t the best you can do. Let’s take a look at all of the offers available and which one works best for you.
Before we get into the offers available let’s go over the card details:
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has the following earning structure:
- 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio worldwide
- 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service producers and U.S. purchases for shipping
- 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on all other eligible purchases
The card comes with the following perks:
- The card comes with valuable Hilton Gold status.
- You can earn a weekend free night after spending $15,000 in a calendar year.
- Second weekend night after spending $60,000 in a calendar year
- Priority Pass Select (10 free visits per year which are pretty valuable)
The Three Current Offers For The Card
Here are the different offers available:
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- $95 Annual Fee (not waived)
Dummy Booking Offer
You can get this offer by making a fake booking on Hilton’s website. The offer should pop up on the payment page:
- $100 statement credit after the first purchase
- 125,000 Hilton Honors points after spending $3000 within the first 3 months.
- $95 annual fee not waived
Between these two offers the dummy booking one is far superior. If you go with the public offer you would essentially be buying 5,000 points for $100. Most people value Hilton Honors points around $0.004-$0.005. That would put 5,000 points at a value of $20-$25, far below the $100 you would be giving up. But there is another option that is better than both of these.
Amex Refer A Friend
This will only work for people in a two player system but if you refer your significant other you can double dip the offer so to speak. And with some people having 30,000 Membership Rewards points referral bonuses in their account things can get really good. Remember that you do not have to have a Hilton Business card to refer a Hilton Business card. My Charles Schwab Platinum currently gives me a $100 statement credit for referring any card. That means I would still get the larger 130,000 point offer and a $100 statement credit. The $100 referral bonus is taxable but the 5,000 bonus points should offset that.
But if you have a 10,000-30,000 Membership Rewards bonus offer you are looking at $150-$450 in value on top of the 130,000 point offer. If you have a two party system then this will likely offer you more value than the other two offers. Even the Hilton cards will often offer 20,000 points. That would be 25,000 more points than the dummy booking (5,000 + 20,000 referral), which most would value at more than $100.
Hilton Business Amex Increased Offer – Final Thoughts
There are many ways to skin this cat, as they say. Where did they even come up with that saying? Googling it now!
Which offer works best for you will depend on your personal situation. If you play the two player system then using Amex’s referral system will be the way to go. If you are a solo player then the dummy booking option will be the best offer you can come up with. Both offers are better than the currently increased public offer.