How To Get Targeted for 20% Off Amazon Pay With Points Offers
I have written about this for a few years now but I thought it was worth highlighting again with the new deals that have been rolling out the last few weeks. I was once again able to get targeted for the 20% off Amazon deal even though I wasn’t originally targeted. This has worked for Membership Rewards deals, Discover deals and now ThankYou Point deals.
The way to get targeted for these Amazon 20% off deals if not originally targeted is to reboot the system. You simply remove all of that particular currency’s cards from your Amazon account. Whether it is Discover, ThankYou Points or Membership Rewards points. Remove them all from your account and then re-add the card you want to use right after. Be sure to reactivate the pay with points feature as well.
Here are the links for pay with points for each currency:
Once that is done let it sit for a few days. Usually after 2-3 days you can go back in and attempt to use the offer. Hopefully the reboot will get you targeted. I have around an 80% success rate by doing this. And it just worked again with the Citi ThankYou promo. I have done it across multiple people’s accounts too. Also remember that you can use the same card for multiple accounts. I have used one card for my account, my wife’s and my parents account. The offers have always been tied to the Amazon account and not the card. So if you only have one card that earns the particular point currency you are still in luck. Another perk of the player 2 system :).
Current Pay With Points Offers
Here is a list of the current pay with points offers on Amazon:
- $10 off $20 With 1 Ultimate Rewards Point
- $10 off $50 with Discover Cashback
- Save $20 on Amazon Using Citi ThankYou Points
- Save Up to $40 On Your Next Amazon Purchase When You Use Discover Points [Targeted]
- Amazon Promotion, Save $10 When You Use Chase Points
- $10 Amazon Credit for U.S. Bank Cardholders [Targeted]
- $30/$50 Off Your Amazon Purchase with 1 Amex MR Point
- Up to $30 Discount on Amazon For Discover Cardholders (Targeted)
- $10-$30 Off Amazon With 1 Membership Reward Point
- Get $10 Amazon Credit When You Add a Discover Card
- $50 Off Amazon With 1 Membership Rewards Points
Get Targeted for 20% Off Amazon Conclusion
There are two takeaways from this:
- If you weren’t targeted the first time it could be because you didn’t have the particular points currency card set up or didn’t have the pay with points option activated.
- If you don’t have a one of the points earning cards you can use someone else’s to get the offer. This is where a player 2 comes in handy!
Give it a couple of days once you set it up and check again. Maybe check some family member’s accounts to get a few more deals in as well. I hope this helps some of you get targeted for 20% off Amazon deals in the future.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.